Thursday 17 November 2011

Thurrock flies the flag

Starting with some good news, I have now moved on from part-time pizza delivery to part-time camera shop work. Not great when I'm trying to save harder now than at any other point in my working life - but still it's all adding up and talking about cameras to people isn't that bad of a job (just the pushy sales part that I'm not so keen on). So a new job and a new project. Thurrock flies the flag came about from when I worked as a delivery driver and noticed a few St George's Cross flags around. Although I own a Welsh flag and do hang it over a balcony when out on a skiing holiday, I've never gone to the effort of flying/hanging it when I lived in Wales. This summer was quite a patriotic one with the royal wedding and at one point bunting was everywhere but that's gone now. People that still go to the effort of flying a St George's Cross are that extra step above the bunting crap that was so easily available. It's that extra step that interests me and hopefully the shops/sheds/houses/garages flying the flag will make for some interesting images and interesting people. First up.......

Followers